4th Of July 2017: The Best Movies To Watch Over The Holiday Weekend
The 4th of July weekend is a great time to lounge around the house in your pj’s, eating popcorn, and watching movies. While there are a ton of TV show marathons happening during the weekend, movies featuring scenes of American, summer, and patriotism will really get you in the red, white, and blue state of mind.
We’re sharing our favorite 4th of July movies to watch during the holiday weekend, and each and every one of them will have you feeling proud to be an American while you’re watching them over the long weekend. There is something for everyone on the list below. Romance, drama, sports, science fiction, family fun, history…You name it, we got it. So enjoy!
- Rocky: This underdog story is not only entertaining, has heart, and is a classic, but it also features a man who lives the American dream of rising from the bottom and making something of himself.
- The Sandlot: What’s more American than baseball? This hilarious fan favorite film not only features a awesome 4th of July scene, but will have you nostalgic for your own childhood.
- Apollo 13: The stellar cast of this movie alone is enough to make you want to watch it. Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, and company take viewers on a wild ride of the Apollo 13 mission, and makes you remember what’s really important this holiday weekend.
- Forrest Gump: Tom Hanks does it again. The actor delivers an amazing performance as a man who lives an extraordinary life. Not only does Forrest live through many historic events, but the movie really shows the great American landscape.
- Armageddon: This movie will have you feeling every emotion in the book. The film features action, comedy, and romance all wrapped up into one. Oh yeah, and they also save the world!
- National Treasure: Nicholas Cage plays a man who is determined to find a great American treasure using clues left by our country’s most important four fathers.
- My Girl: Like The Sandlot, this movie will take you back to your childhood. While the tone of the film is much heavier than the baseball flick, it’s always a good watch whether it’s the 4th of July or any summer night.
- Independence Day: Of course, this movie tops the lists of everyone during the 4th of July weekend. Will Smith, Bill Pullman, Vivica A. Fox, Jeff Goldblum, and more round out an amazing cast as the world fights for their independence against a race of aliens trying to conquer plant earth. FYI: Bill Pullman’s 4th of July speech is one of the best monologues in recent movie history!
What are your favorite movies to watch during the 4th of July holiday? Share this article and leave a comment below.
[Featured Image by Pixabay]