The “Game of Thrones” Season 6 finale may have been the best episode of any TV show, like ever! Seriously, there was so much action packed into the 69 minutes allotted to us by HBO.
‘Game of Thrones’ Season 6 Finale: Who Died In ‘Winds Of Winter?’
For everything that happened to all the main “Game of Thrones” players in the Season 6 finale, head over to our recap post, for this post is all about who died in “The Winds Of Winter,” and [Spoiler Alert!} it was A LOT of people! Let’s break them down.
- Grand Maester Pycelle: Qyburn’s “little birds” aka creepy “Children Of The Corn” looking kids stabbed him right to death!
- Lancel Lannister: Lancel, who was a Baratheon servant turned Sparrow was stabbed by another “little bird,” and then went up in a blaze when Cersei’s wildfire burn down the entire Sept of Baelor.
- Margaery Tyrell: Yes, the queen is dead, and it’s all the High Sparrow’s fault! The Sparrows wouldn’t let her out of the Sept, even though she knew something was wrong. When the Sept exploded, she was in it.
- Loras Tyrell: Just as Loras had broken and confessed to his sins, promising to join the High Sparrow, the Sept exploded and killed him.
- Mace Tyrell: Margaery and Loras’ father was also in attendance in the Sept when it burnt to the ground.
- The High Sparrow: The High Sparrow was the first person to get the wildfire treatment in the Sept, and we can’t say we were sad to see him go.
- Tommen Baratheon: After finding out that Cersei had blown up the Sept with the Sparrows and his wife Margaery inside, Tommen decided he had nothing to live for and threw himself out of the window of the Red Keep.
- Walder Frey’s Sons: Lothar and Black Walder Frey were killed by Arya Stark, cut up into little pieces, and baked into a pie, which Arya fed to Walder.
- Walder Frey: After feeding him his own children, Arya then slit Walder Frey’s throat, avenging the death of her mother and brother at the Red Wedding.
Yes, it was a blood bath during the “Game of Thrones” Season 6 finale on Sunday, and fans lost a couple of characters they liked. (R.I.P. Margaery and Loras Tyrell) and watched others they hated go down. (Later, High Sparrow!)
After the “Game of Thrones” Season 6 finale aired, many fans were calling it the best episode of all time, beating out former favorites including last week’s “Battle Of The Bastards,” Season 5’s “Hardhome,” and “The Rains of Castamere”