“Bates Motel” Season 4 premiered on Monday night on A&E and the darker drama wasted no time getting in to the shocking moments and building on the story line that will be carried out throughout the season.
‘Bates Motel’ Season 4 Premiere: The Most Shocking Moments
In case you missed the “Bates Motel” Season 4 premiere for some reason we’re recapping the most shocking moments and there are plenty of them to talk about.
- Norman wakes up dirty and bloody and shaking. He begins talking to his mother, who isn’t there and is seen by a farmer who asks him if he needs help. Norman is whacked out of his mind and the farmer punches him, knocking him out.
- Norman wakes up in a mental hospital scared and alone. He doesn’t understand why he’s there and wants his mother, Norma.
- Norma rushes to the hospital and is told they won’t release Norman until he’s been under observation for 48 hours. The doctor tells Norma that it could be considered neglect on her part that she never got Norman medical treatment for his blackouts.
- Dylan leaves to be with Emma, who is having a lung transplant. While at the hospital Emma’s mother, Audrey, arrives, shocking Dylan and Emma’s father, Will.
- Emma’s mother and father fight and she leaves, heading to Bates Motel to rent a room. Audrey meets Norma, whom she’s heard about in a letter from Emma.
- Norma visits Pineview, the mental institution she wants Norman to receive help at. However, she learns there is a waiting list and that she needs insurance and a doctor.
- Norma picks up Norman, who is happy to see his mother. The two go home and sleep in bed together. When Norma wakes up she leaves Norman in her bed and locks the bedroom door and he can’t get out.
- Norma visits Sheriff Romero and asks if he will marry her for insurance purposes. He says no, and she leaves.
- Emma comes through her surgery fine and seems to be doing well.
- Audrey visits Norma and tells her the truth about who she is. She then asks Norma if she can get a letter to Emma, but Norma refuses to help.
- When Norman wakes up in Norma’s room he’s furious to find that the door is locked, and busts through it. When he re-emerges he puts on Norma’s robe and becomes his mother yet again.
- Audrey visits the home again and meets Norman, not knowing the young man believes himself to be his own mother. Audrey asks Norman if he’ll deliver the letter to Emma, and he freaks out about her abandoning her daughter and strangles and kills Audrey!