The 80’s were a great decade for movies, and although they seem like yesterday to some, they actually 30 years ago, and some of the best films from that era need a good remake. Here are Hollywood News Daily’s picks for 80’s movies that need a remake.
80’s movies that should get a remake
1. The Big Chill: We can just imagine a cast of A-listers dancing around their kitchen and playing out personal dramas on screen. (Please make this happen movie Gods!)
2. Bachelor Party: The Tom Hanks hilarious film, which may have been part of the inspiration for The Hangover would be so funny as a remake, and of course it would be raunchier. We’re thinking Channing Tatum could star. Thoughts?
3. St. Elmo’s Fire: Yes, a group of college friends find it hard to keep their relationships in tact while actually trying to succeed in the real world. Hey, Ian Somerhalder could even play Rob Lowe’s part since he’s basically his younger twin!
4.The Breakfast Club: Don’t get us wrong, the original film is still amazing and very relevant to this day. (John Hughes was a genius!) But, we have to admit we wonder what a remake would look like in the present day.
5. Weekend At Bernies: This is one of the funniest movies of the decade, and with everyone currently loving the “Bernie” dance craze, we gotta say, we’d love to see a remake!
6. Three Men and a Baby: Yes, three hot Hollywood hunks showing off their softer side while trying to raise a baby together. It’s perfect, right? Maybe Seth Rogen, James Franco, and Jonah Hill could tackle this one?
7. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: Okay, we totally love everything about this movie, which revolves around a troublemaking teenager skipping school and nearly getting caught as drama unfolds. Oh the things that Ferris could do in 2014!
8. Flashdance: Another dance movie to add to the likes of Step Up and others? Why not? Besides, maybe Jenna Dewan-Tatum would be interested in going back to her dancing roots?
9. Risky Business: Tom Cruise dancing around in his underwear…enough said. Now if only we could persuade Taylor Launter to take on the role.
10. Fast Times at Ridgemont High: Who doesn’t love a good high school movie? We can think of a million actors/actresses in Young Hollywood that would be great in the film, including perhaps one of the Jenner sisters?
Which movies from the 80’s would you like to see have a remake?
[Featured Image via Pixabay]